Symbio is hiring ! 🔎
Welcome to Symbio, we are one of the future major actors of the clean mobility, zero emission !
Our company creates hydrogen systems which are incorporated on different types of vehicles (cars, trucks, boats…). We are now expanding our activities and we are in a hyper-growth phase !
Established in 2010, Symbio is now a joint venture 50/50 between Michelin and Faurecia. Thanks to our collaborators, we are developing our activities in a highly competitive environment.
Indeed, the management in our company is based on three points : trust, engagement, and proximity.
Today, we are offering a PhD position on the dispersion and solidification of a Coated Catalyst Layer for Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Fuel Cell (PEMFC).
Your main responsibilities will be :
- Understanding of the catalytic layer formation in Membrane Electrode Assembly (MEA)
- Focusing on the formulation and the characterization of inks containing all the components (heterogeneous catalyst, ionomer, solvants)
- Studying of the coating on several substrates (polymer membrane, or on the gas diffusion layer) and of the structuration during the drying
- Analyzing the electrochemical performance of the MEA at Symbio Research Center
Qualifications and skills : 🥇
- You are graduated from a Master Degree (or Engineering degree) in Soft Matter/Physico-Chemistry or Polymer Science
- You are curious and can work independently
- You like to work with rigor and anticipation
- You know how to be a force of proposal in an environment which requires adaptability
- You are a team player
- You can speak and write English in a professional and scientific environment
Location : 85% IMP Laboratory (Univ Lyon 1 Villeurbanne) / 15% Symbio (Vénissieux / Saint Fons)
Do you recognize yourself in this description? You like challenges and you need to feel involved in your missions… Then don’t hesitate and apply to become the future PhD student of Symbio !
Symbio recruitment policy and practice secure respect of fair and equal treatment of candidates, irrespective of gender, age, nationality, ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.