Symbio is hiring ! 🔎
Welcome to Symbio, we are one of the future major actors of the clean mobility, zero emission !
Our company creates hydrogen systems which are incorporated on different types of vehicles (cars, trucks, boats…). We are now expanding our activities and we are in a hyper-growth phase !
Established in 2010, Symbio is now a joint venture 50/50 between Michelin and Faurecia. Thanks to our collaborators, we are developing our activities in a highly competitive environment.
Indeed, the management in our company is based on three points : trust, engagement, and proximity.
Today, we are looking for our System Architect M/F who will be based in Vénissieux, France. You will be responsible for the design of fuel cell systems adapted to a customer project (or a subsystem), and for the technical consistency of this product. You will have also to participate in pre-sales activities, system pre-sizing, and technical and commercial offer writing.
Your main responsibilities will be :
- Take charge of pre-sales files on request of the line manager
- Discuss with the prospect to define the technical solution corresponding to his need (power, autonomy, specific constraints)
- Evaluate the budget associated with the project (design, integration and purchasing), in collaboration with the teams involved in the project and under the supervision of the head of the design office.
- Write technical and commercial proposals in the form of slides or complete offers
- Submit these proposals for approval during the offer review in accordance with Symbio quality procedures and archive them
- Be responsible for the technical definition of the prototype and its proper documentation management
- Ensure that the prototype functions properly, that it complies with the customer's specifications and with standards and regulations
- Choose the most appropriate Generic Design and Reference Design
- Build and maintain the compliance matrix with respect to customer requirements and negotiate it with the customer if necessary
- Dimension the system based on the usage cycles of the target vehicle or available customer data.
- Order partial tests to validate, during the study, some components, assemblies, sizing...
- Coordinate the business experts (hydrogen, control command, electrical, mechanical, thermal, support...) in the choice of system components, write and maintain the PIDs of the different loops: air, water, hydrogen, electrical, control command
- Supervise the mechanical design of the system and verify compliance with the specification (mass, volume, etc.), standards (shock and acceleration resistance, etc.) and requirements given by the business experts (position of the elements between them, load losses, cooling, accessibility, etc.)
- Write and maintain the system nomenclature in compliance with Symbio configuration management procedures, based on the parts defined by the business experts (mechanical, electronic, electrical...),
- Follow the validation activities of the prototype
- Participate in the integration of the system in the vehicle and its validation
- Analyze the non-conformities with the help of the business experts and until the validation of the correction
▼ Applicative Development
- Take charge of the architecture of a product upon request of the manager
- Be responsible for the technical definition of the product and its proper documentation management but also the good functioning of the product, the respect of the product specification, the respect of the cost reduction by design and the standards and regulations.
- Verify the thermal design with fluid/thermal simulation tools
- Lead the experts and the tests to make the adaptations to the prototype necessary for its industrialization and cost reduction
- Develop the list of materials to take into account the evolution requests (cost reduction, ease of machining or assembly, etc.), by evaluating the impacts and guaranteeing the coherence of the product
- Track all requests for changes in a single list
- Communicate to the product manager the functional change requests
- Apply quality procedures, including configuration management and document management rules, and use Symbio tools
Qualifications and skills : 🥇
- You are a graduate of an engineering school in Energy and Fluid Mechanics.
- You have 5 years of experience in this field.
- You already have an experience in the railway, nuclear or automotive field
- Knowledge of fuel cells and experience in reliability analysis would be a plus.
- You are fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Finally, you are a good listener, organized, proactive, you like to share ideas and you have a spirit of synthesis.
⏳ Start ASAP! (notice periods of course accepted)
Do you recognize yourself in this description? You like challenges and you need to feel involved in your missions… Then don’t hesitate and apply to become the future System Architect of Symbio !
Symbio recruitment policy and practice secure respect of fair and equal treatment of candidates, irrespective of gender, age, nationality, ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.