Symbio is hiring! 🔎
Welcome to Symbio, we are one of the future major actors of the clean mobility, zero emission!
Our company creates hydrogen systems which are incorporated on different types of vehicles (cars, trucks, boats…). We are now expanding our activities and we are in a hyper-growth phase!
Established in 2010, Symbio is now a joint-venture 50/50 between Michelin and Faurecia. Thanks to our collaborators, we are developing our activities in a highly competitive environment.
Indeed, the management in our company is based on three points: trust, engagement, and proximity.
Today, we are looking for our Electronic Cost Engineer M/F who will be based in Vénissieux, France.
As part of the Strategy department, the Cost Roadmap team launches, monitors, and supports all initiatives allowing Symbio to offer cost competitive Fuel Cell Systems.
Through your strong technical experience and collaboration skills, you establish target costs of key components to allow project development teams to make cost-optimized design and sourcing decisions.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Developing and maintaining Cost models for Bought-out and In-house parts encompassing main-manufacturing technologies (including tooling, cycle time and scrap rates), raw material costs trends and indirect costs
- Assisting Project Managers (PEL and/or Program Managers) in achieving cost targets of their system :
- Providing cost securement status according to project progress and design assumptions
- Providing cost estimations for parts and vendor tooling (components for Engineering & Purchasing Team) and inhouse costs (tooling, labor and manufactured equipment cost inputs)
- Providing advice and insight on costs reduction ideas through benchmarks and VAVE activities
- Leading actions to meet target costs
- Guaranteeing that off-the-shelf products development and customer applications activities are in line with Symbio’s Costs Roadmap :
- Assessing risks & opportunities for key governance rituals (sourcing committees, investment committees)
- Contributing to R&D projects allowing breakthrough improvements
Qualifications and skills 🥇
- Engineering degree required, with a minimum of 10 years of experience
- Technical knowledge in Electrical Systems, ECU, PCB, Harness, and High Voltage Components
- Experience in Industrial Cost Analysis & Modeling, Risk Analysis and Time Management
- Automotive knowledge
- Leadership : scheduling and work package definition, workload management, activities monitoring, commitment to key deliverable
- Negotiation skills and proactivity
- IT : Advanced Excel (Pivot, VBA, PowerQuery), CAD (SolidWorks, CATIA), Microsoft Project / Visio, PowerPoint
- Being Fluent in English (written/spoken)
⏳ Start ASAP !
Do you recognize yourself in this description? You like challenges and you need to feel involved in your missions… Then don’t hesitate and apply to become the future Electronic Cost Engineer of Symbio !
Symbio recruitment policy and practice ensure the respect of fair and equal treatment of candidates, irrespective of gender, age, nationality, ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.